Crown, Bridge and Denture
A Crown, or a dental cap, is a type of dental restoration which completely caps or encircles a tooth or a dental implant. A crown may be needed when a large cavity threatens the health of a tooth. They are typically bonded to the tooth by using dental cement.
Benefits of dental crowns:
* Support a tooth that has been significantly damaged by decay.
* Protect a tooth that has worn away from being damaged further.
* Protect a tooth after a root canal procedure.
* Hold a severely cracked or broken tooth together.
* Cover a dental implant.
* Improve the appearance of a tooth by changing its shape or colour.
A Bridge is a fixed dental restoration used to replace one or more missing teeth by joining an artificial tooth definitively to adjacent teeth or dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
*Restore your smile.
*Restore the ability to properly chew and speak.
* Maintain the shape of your face.
* Distribute your bite forces evenly by replacing missing teeth.
* Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
Dentures are prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth, and are supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity. Conventional dentures are removable. There are two types of conventional dentures: complete dentures and removable partial dentures.
Benefits of dentures
*Improved ability to bite and chew your favourite food.
* Eliminate social awkwardness caused by gaps and missing teeth.
* Restore your face appearance.
* Protects remaining teeth (if any) from extensive wear.